Tenant Information


So you have found a property that you are interested in.  The first step is to make a time to view this property.  You can do this by call our office on (08) 9389 6588 and speak with the Property Manager to book in a time or email our office at pm1@rossen.com.au and we will get in contact with you. This inspection availability all depends if the property is vacant or tenanted.

If you are overseas or outside the Perth area, you can appoint someone to view on your behalf and we can deal with you via email. 

Once you have viewed the property and you are impressed by what the property has to offer, the next step is to apply for the property by filling in the supplied application form that will be provided to you at the viewing.

The application will have instructions what necessary documentation is to be supplied with the application.  We can accept your application either in person at our office or by emailing it to pm1@rossen.com.au.

We endeavour to process your application within 48 hours and will advise you if you have been approved or not approved by the Owner.

What happens next?

If your application is approved, we contact you to set up a meeting to sign the Lease Agreement at our office. We will advise you of the costs that must be paid at the time of sign up, this includes the bond (equal to four weeks rent) and a pet bond of $260 if you will have pets at the property plus the first 2 weeks rent.

This meeting is also an opportunity for your Property Manager to introduce herself and answer any questions you may have.

Security Bond Information

What is a security bond?

A security bond is a deposit that you pay at the start of a tenancy. At the end of the tenancy, if there has been damage to the property, unpaid rent or accounts, the owner can keep the bond, or part of the bond, to cover these costs.

If you do not owe any money at the end of the tenancy, you are entitled to receive a full refund of your bond.

How much is the bond?

Generally, a bond can only be a maximum of 4 weeks rent under the rental agreement.

There are two exceptions for this:

If the weekly rent is above $1200pw and there is a pet bond

Pet Bonds

An owner can ask for a pet bond if there is a pet living at the property. The pet bond can be a maximum of $260.

If you are allowed to keep a pet at the property that is capable of carrying fleas, ticks or other parasites, the pet bond may be used at the end of tenancy for Fumigation.

Please note: Guide dogs are exempt from the Pet Bond

Payment of Security/Pet Bond

Bond money paid will be lodged with the Bond Administrator.

If more than one person has paid the bond (eg in a shared house), it is important the names of all the parties appear on the lodgment form, to protect everyone’s share.

The bond administrator will send a record of payment of security bond directly to you.



The tenancy agreement has been signed and you have your keys, but there are a few items that could slip your mind, so we have put together a list that should be helpful for you.

Utility Connections

When you move into a rental property, it is your responsibility to have the utility services reconnected in your name.

There will be connection fees for the Gas, Electricity and Telephone/Internet accounts.

You are responsible for paying the following charges:-

  • All charges based on the amount of water consumed (but not the service charges or reconnection fee)
  • All charges for the supply or use of electricity and gas
  • All charges for the use of bottled gas (but not for the supply or hire of gas bottles).

Change of Address Checklist

You may wish to notify the following of the date you are moving and your new address


  • Gas
  • Electricity
  • Telephone (home and mobile)
  • Local council
  • Post Office

Financial Business

  • Banks
  • Credit Cards
  • Hire Purchase
  • Personal Loans
  • Leases
  • Shares/ Investments
  • Insurance
  • Accountant
  • Solicitor


  • Taxation Office
  • Electoral Roll
  • Centerlink
  • Motor Registration
  • Drivers Licence


  • Doctor
  • Dentist
  • Optician
  • Medicare
  • Health Insurance
  • Vet

Home Services

  • Cleaning
  • Lawn Mowing/ Gardening
  • Milk Delivery
  • Newspaper Delivery

Education – Schools / Library


  • Neighbours
  • Relatives
  • Friends
  • Work 
  • Church


Property Condition Report

A property condition report will be completed just before the commencement of a tenancy.  This is a mandatory property condition report and sets down, on a room-by-room basis, the exact contents and condition of the premises at the beginning of the tenancy. It should also state if anything in, on or around the property is broken or in poor condition, (e.g. a torn fly screen in bedroom one; cracked wall; stained carpet in the lounge; broken door handle in the bathroom).

Both the Agent and the Tenant sign the report when it's completed.

The property condition report will then be compared directly with the final inspection, which will help avoid or minimise potential conflict.

Should you not return your Property Condition Report, the original office copy will be used to compare the property’s condition at the end of your tenancy.

Tenant Contents Insurance

It is crucial that you take out your own Tenant contents insurance.

It is important to note that should your goods be damaged or destroyed by circumstances affecting the owner’s property (i.e. fire, storm damage, power outages etc) then your goods and possessions are not insured by the Owner.

Example One: An electrical fault in the building starts a fire and the property is destroyed. Your possessions will not be covered by the owner’s insurance.

Example Two: You are away on holidays and the power cuts out due to an electrical fault in the building. Your return home to find your fridge/freezer goods spoilt. The Owner’s insurance will not cover your fridge/freezer goods.

Example Three: A storm blows a tree onto the house and in the process, your belongings are damaged. The Owners insurance will not cover your possessions.

In the cases specified in the above first three examples, quality Tenant contents insurance should cover your goods. However please check with your insurer for the cover they can provide you with (it is your responsibility to ensure you have adequate cover for your possessions against loss and damage).

You need to ensure that all your goods are adequately insured. The Owner/Agent will not be liable for damaged or destroyed Tenant possessions.

Understanding rent in advance

Sometimes there is confusion about what “rent in advance” means. Most residential tenancy agreements require two weeks’ rent in advance. Paying in advance means that for the relevant period (two weeks), you pay rent at the start of the period.

So, when you move in, on day one you pay 14 days’ rent. This runs down over the fortnight so that at the end of day 14 you are no longer in advance. The next day is the start of the next 14 day period, so you have to pay rent again.

Rent Reviews

Rent reviews generally occur at the six month period in a twelve month lease agreement, or at lease renewal time and are adjusted in accordance with market conditions.

Lease Renewals

Provided that your rent has been paid on time, and the property has been kept clean and undamaged, the grounds well maintained and the Landlord is happy to continue your tenancy, you can expect to receive an invitation of renewal.

Once your invitation is received, it is important that you let us know whether you accept the renewal invitation or you wish to vacate. We need this advice in writing from you as soon as possible.

Landlord Mail and Contact

Should you receive any mail addressed in their name (the Landlord’s name is on your tenancy agreement) please forward this mail to us as soon as possible. It is important also to know that under no circumstances can the Landlord be contacted directly. As the duly appointed Agent, the Landlord can only be contacted through us. We are employed as the acting Landlord of the property.


Subletting is not permitted without written approval from us. This includes assigning the tenancy over to a third party, or allowing other occupants to move in without our express permission. Permission usually involves a formal application being completed and submitted by the prospective Tenant/Occupant.

Property for Residential Use Only

The property is for residential use and can only be used a place of dwelling unless otherwise agreed in writing by us. The property cannot be used for commercial, industrial or illegal purposes. The use of the property cannot breach local council zoning regulations and also cannot be in breach of the law.

Serving notices electronically

It is the department’s view that notices under the Act may be served by email as long as the notice does not require a witness signature, both parties have previously agreed they will correspond electronically, and it is reasonable to expect the information will be accessible and available at a later date.

As you have agreed to serve or receive notices electronically, it is important that you update us immediately should your email address change.

Routine Inspections

Under Section 46 of the Residential Tenancies Act, the Owner/Agent has the right to enter the property after giving notice to the Tenant stating why and when they intend to enter the property.

The Owner/Agent is entitled to enter the premises for bona fide (genuine) reasons, taking into consideration the Tenant's right to reasonable privacy and quiet enjoyment.

The Owner/Agent may only enter the premises without advance notice in cases of emergency or if the Tenant agrees (consents) at the time of, or immediately prior, to them entering.

The Owner/Agent is allowed to hold a key to the premises

How much notice does the Agent/Owner have to give?

The Owner may only enter the premises in a case of emergency, if the Tenant allows them to, or they satisfy one of the following requirements:

  1. For the purpose of inspecting the premises or any other purpose: at least 7 days but no more than 14 days written notice in advance should be given. This notice should be in writing and specify the day at which the inspection will be done. The inspection should be done at a reasonable hour
  2. To carry out or inspect NECESSARY repairs or maintenance: at least 72 hours’ notice should be given. The Owner/Agent or Tradesperson may only enter at a reasonable hour. This does not include general renovations; only necessary repairs or maintenance
  3. To show prospective Tenants through: in the last 21 days of your tenancy providing they come at a reasonable hour, after having given you reasonable notice and only a reasonable number of times
  4. To show prospective purchasers through: providing they come at a reasonable hour, after having given you reasonable notice and only a reasonable number of times. A phone call from the owner/agent telling the tenant they are on their way may or may not be considered ‘reasonable’ notice, depending on the agreement the Tenant may have about this with the owner


The Owner/Agent does not require your consent to enter the property if they have given you the correct notice, however entry is required within a reasonable time frame as per the Residential Tenancies Act.

General Repairs

We insist that all repairs are reported in writing. You can lodge written repair requests by completing a repair request forms. You can lodge your repair requests by post. You can also email repairs through to reception@rossen.com.au

Your Rent Payments

Zero Tolerance Policy for Late Rent Payments

We pride ourselves in our careful Tenant qualification and screening processes. Applications are approved ONLY on the grounds that we and the Owner are confident that the rent will be paid on time, every time. We advise each tenant that we have a Zero Tolerance policy in place for late rent payments.

Termination Notices, follow-up phone calls and persistent personal contact is involved in our Zero Tolerance Policy and we do understand that this might cause people to get upset and embarrassed, however is necessary to maintain our standards and to make sure that rent is paid on time.

Tenancy databases

What is a tenancy database?

The national tenancy database is a collection of tenancy information on an internet website lodged by Real Estate Agents, mostly regarding Tenant default action like property damage, outstanding monies and eviction after you vacate a property. All agents use this database to lodge tenant details. However, when agents are processing application forms, this database is also cross-checked. We are confident that should an agent checking an application find tenant default details lodged; the application will be promptly declined.

So we urge all of our tenants to ensure they pay their rent on time, keep the property clean, maintain the grounds and ensure the tenancy is finalised satisfactorily with no monies left owing, to avoid an unfortunate lodgement of their details.

Taking Care - Inside the Property

Property Damage

If property damage has occurred you are obligated to let us know immediately, or on the next business day if occurring on a weekend or public holiday.


It is important to note that the utmost care must be taken to ensure that you do not infringe on disrupting your neighbours with noise. Loud music, parties or otherwise can disrupt a neighbour’s right to peace and the quiet enjoyment of their residence.

In the case of units and apartments, particular care must be taken with respect to noise due to the close proximity of other properties, usually located on the other side of the wall. This also includes your obligation to ensure that your visitors are not disrupting neighbours when walking from your premises to their parked vehicles.

Misplaced Keys

If you have misplaced your keys during business hours you may come to our office and borrow our office set.

If you have misplaced your keys after hours, you may call a locksmith to assist you back into the property. This is at the Tenant’s cost.


Most modern window flyscreens can only be removed from the inside of the property. Attempting to remove them from the outside will result in damage to the flyscreen frame work, and will result in the flyscreen having to be repaired or replaced at your cost. This may cost more than what it would cost to have a locksmith attend the property to allow you access back in.

Breaching your contract

Examples of possible breaches of your rental agreement may include:

  • keeping a pet on the premises when this hasn’t been agreed to;
  • subletting to others if not previously agreed;
  • not keeping the property reasonably clean;
  • causing damage to the property;
  • changing locks without approval;
  • causing a nuisance to neighbours;
  • failing to water or maintain the garden and lawns;
  • using the premises for an illegal purpose; or
  • using the premises for business purposes without the lessor/property manager’s approval.

If you breach the agreement, we can give you not less than 14 full days to rectify the situation by issuing the Notice of breach of agreement (Form 20). If the breach is not rectified we will proceed with issuing you with a Notice of termination (Form 1C) to end the tenancy after a further seven days.

If you cause serious damage to the premises, we may apply to the Magistrates Court for an order to end the agreement, without having to first issue a breach notice and/or termination notice.

Taking Care - Outside the Property

Watering Systems

Please ensure that all watering systems are working properly, and are checked regularly throughout the tenancy to ensure they continue to work effectively. Watering systems can only be used should current water restrictions allow. Please note that from the 1st June to 31st August every year there is a total sprinkler ban. It is your responsibility to ensure any reticulation is turned off during this time period. The Owner will not be responsible for any fines imposed should the reticulation not be turned off.

Weeding and Shrub Trimming

Weeding of gardens beds, inside lawns, paths, paving and other outside areas are the responsibility of the tenant, unless a professional gardener is appointed by the Owner. This includes trimming of bushes and shrubs in and around the garden.

Lawn Maintenance

Lawns are to be regularly mowed and edged, keeping them neat and tidy. Should you wish to have someone regularly mow your lawn, let us know and we would be happy to recommend a service to you. This is at tenant cost.

Supplied Hoses/Fittings

Supplied hoses, fittings and accessories must be kept in good condition and the tenant is to ensure that everything is returned and in place upon vacating of the property, free of any damage.


It is the tenant’s responsibility to remove all their rubbish regularly from the property. This includes car parts, tyres and things like lawn clippings, drink bottles as well as other items that can easily be considered rubbish or general junk.

Oil Drippage

Any cars parked on driveways, under carports and garages must have a drip tray placed underneath. Only if the vehicle does not drip any oil at all is a drip tray not required. Visitor’s cars must be parked off the premises if they drip oil. Should oil drippage occur at anytime, this must be cleaned up immediately to prevent oil seeping in and permanently staining. Any permanent staining will result in compensation being charged to the tenant.

Please log onto your council website for details of bin collection for your area.

Parking on lawns and gardens

It is important that at no time can cars or any type of vehicle be parked on any lawns, gardens or any area not created for, or designated as a vehicle parking area. Damage to lawns and landscaping can be costly. Engine oil drippage to gardens and lawns will also create permanent damage to the soil area, being costly to rectify. Any damage of this type will be charged to tenants in full.

Swimming Pools and Outdoor Spas

If the property you are renting has a swimming pool and spa please pay attention to the following.

Pool/Spa Cleaning

Pool/spa cleaning and maintenance, unless it is agreed that the landlord will be supplying a regular cleaning and maintenance service as per your tenancy agreement, this will be a tenant responsibility.

Please note that if regular cleaning does not occur by the tenant, high costs can be incurred to bring it back to its original clean state. If this occurs, this will be at tenant cost. It is also a tenant responsibility to ensure that the pool/spa is kept topped up with water, and must not empty the pool/spa without written approval from us.

Supply of Pool Chemicals

Supplying of pool treatment chemicals will be a tenant responsibility, at tenant cost.

Pool/Spa covers, accessories, equipment and pool furniture

It is the responsibility of the tenant to maintain and keep in good condition any accessories, cleaning and maintenance equipment. This also includes any outdoor/pool furniture supplied. Pool cleaning/equipment must be kept out of the sun and stored responsibly. Supplied pool/spa covers must be neatly rolled or folded up and stored away out of the weather when not in use to preserve its lifespan and usefulness.

Pool/Spa Fences and Gates

We must be notified immediately if fences and gates are not functioning correctly, and the gate fails to self-close promptly when opened. Pool/spa regulations must be kept at all times.

Pools and spas must be kept regularly clean at all times, unless a pool cleaning/maintenance service has been agreed to and provided by the landlord.

Portable & Inflatable Pools

If you are considering buying an inflatable pool – then please read the following information carefully:

  • All purchasers of inflatable swimming pools need to be aware of the applicable legislation relating to pool fencing.
  • Any structure, whether solid or not, that is capable of being filled with water to a depth greater than 300mm and is to be used for swimming, wading or like activities where the public is not entitled to use it, (i.e. private dwelling) is covered by the Building Act 2011 and the Building Regulation 2012. As such a Building Permit is required to be obtained from the Shire for the pool and pool fencing (pool safety barrier). Pool fencing must be inspected for compliance with AS 1926.1-1993 before the pool is filled with water.
  • A portable wading pool that is not more than 300mm deep does not require compliant pool fencing but parents and carers need to be aware that these types of pools are still a constant source of danger to young children.

Your Safety - Being Aware

The highest priority always must be your safety, and the safety of your children, occupants and your visitors.

Some things to be aware of include:-

  • Exposed wiring
  • Faulty power points and switches
  • Gas smell or odour
  • Damage to paving and pathways that could cause someone to trip
  • Suspicious or dangerous plants in the garden that are poisonous/toxic or that you may be allergic to
  • Bee swarms coming onto the property mainly during spring, especially if someone is allergic to bee stings
  • If you need to clean a property with high ceilings or light fittings that are hard to reach, please do so with care and use the appropriate equipment and do not do anything considered unsafe
  • Loose floorboards that could cause someone to fall through them and cause injury
  • Loose balcony railings, steps or decking woodwork
  • Loose or faulty locks, in particular entry doors and screen doors
  • Broken or cracked windows, and broken/loose window locks
  • A broken soap dish in the shower could cause injury and needs to be replaced.

Keeping Warm and Saving Power- Some Tips

Use electric blankets - instead of warming a room before going to bed, just heat your bed with an electric blanket then switch this off before going to bed.

Close doors - keeping doors closed is one way to keep heating centralised to certain living areas, conserving heat and power.

Door snakes - ensure gaps at the bottom of doors are blocked up by door snakes to stop cold drafts and help keep rooms warm.

Exhaust fans - close doors with rooms that have exhaust fans like bathrooms and the kitchen, as cool air will enter the home through these vent holes.

Extra clothing - wear extra clothing when it gets cold, and throw an extra blanket on the bed.

Use a thermometer - purchase a thermometer and keep your temperature between 18 and 21 degrees. For every degree warmer, this will add approx 10% to your power bill to maintain. Want it warmer? Put on an extra jumper!

Power Saving Tips

Use cold water - use cold water for your washing machine instead of warm or hot water.

Drying clothes - if it’s sunny hang your clothes to dry outside instead using the clothes dryer.

Lights - switch off lights after use and do not leave lights on in rooms if not being used.



Emergency items are those that could cause injury to the tenant or damage to the property, and may include:

  • Water pipes have broken or burst
  • Blocked or broken toilet (if a second toilet is not available)
  • Serious roof leak or gas leak
  • Dangerous electrical fault, dangerous power point, loose live wire etc;
  • Flooding, rainwater inundation inside the property, or serious flood damage
  • Serious storm, fire or impact damage (i.e. impact by a motor vehicle)
  • Failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises
  • Failure or breakdown of an essential service or appliance on the premises for water or cooking
  • Fault or damage that makes premises unsafe or insecure
  • Fault likely to injure a person, cause damage or extreme inconvenience
  • Hot water service failure on a weekend, or long weekend


Emergency items are those that could cause injury to the Tenant or damage to the property, and may include:

  • Water pipes have broken or burst
  • Blocked or broken toilet (if a second toilet is not available)
  • Serious roof leak or gas leak
  • Dangerous electrical fault, dangerous power point, loose live wire etc
  • Flooding, rainwater inundation inside the property, or serious flood damage
  • Serious storm, fire or impact damage (i.e. impact by a motor vehicle)
  • Failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises
  • Failure or breakdown of an essential service or appliance on the premises for water or cooking
  • Fault or damage that makes premises unsafe or insecure
  • Fault likely to injure a person or cause damage
  • Hot water service failure

In the case of an after-hours emergency at your property, please refer to the following emergency guide:


  1. Contact the Police on 000 and file a report. You will need to obtain a Police report number. If a Police report number is not available to the landlord for insurance purposes, you may be liable for the repair.
  2. Contact a Glazier
  3. Please email reception@rossen.com.au to advise what has occurred.


  1. Check the pilot light to make sure it is lit. If it is not, please re-light.
  2. Contact Plumber – Sladen's Plumbing & Gas – 0407 663 223
  3. Please email reception@rossen.com.au to advise what has occurred.


  1. Check that all switches are turned to ON in the electrical meter box. If they are not switched on please switch them back on and check if the hot water system is now working.
  2. Contact an Electrician - We recommend Skilled Electrical – 0418 956 459.
  3. Please email reception@rossen.com.au to advise what has occurred.


  1. Contact Alinta Gas 131 352, they will give you instructions on what to do. If they're unable to assist, see below.
  2. Contact a Plumber - We recommend Sladen's Plumbing & Gas – 0407 663 223
  3. Please email reception@rossen.com.au to advise what has occurred.


  1. Turn water off at mains, If leaking anywhere from the water meter please call 131 385.
  2. If burst anywhere from water meter back the property contact plumber - We recommend Sladen's Plumbing & Gas – 0407 663 223.
  3. Please make sure it is not reticulation prior to doing so.
  4. Please email reception@rossen.com.au to advise what has occurred.


  1. If there is only one toilet on the property and it is unable to be used at all, please contact plumber - We recommend Sladen's Plumbing & Gas – 0407 663 223
  2. If there are 2 toilets, please use the only working toilet and report the problem to our office in writing.


  1. Call 000 and leave the house immediately.


  1. You will need to call a locksmith to help you back into the property. You will be responsible for all costs. We recommend Guardian Lock & Safe – 0418 908 753.
  2. Please supply our office with a spare set of the new keys within 5 business days.


  1. Contact the State Emergency Service on 132 500 for urgent assistance.
  2. Please email reception@rossen.com.au to advise what has occurred.


  1. Blocked toilet (if there is more than one toilet at the property).
  2. Stove or oven not working.
  3. Blocked pipes, shower or sinks.
  4. Hot water system going hot and cold.
  5. Reticulation repairs (as per your Lease Agreement, you must keep the lawn / garden alive by hand watering until this is repaired)
  6. Leaking taps.
  7. Faulty TV reception/antenna problems.

All other maintenance issues would of course require our attention during normal working hours. Please report all such issues in writing to the office, at reception@rossen.com.au to be dealt with upon our return.

Please note that should you call the office number after hours without leaving a detailed message, your call will not be returned


Notice in Writing

When you intend to vacate the property, in all instances we require your notice in writing.

Ending a Fixed Term

If you are leaving at the end of your current fixed term lease, we require minimum 30 days’ notice in writing. Please note that this amount of notice needs to commence when we have received your notice, not when it was posted.

Ending a Non-Fixed (Periodic) Term

If you are leaving on a non-fixed term (periodic) lease, we require 21 days’ notice in writing. Please note that this amount of notice needs to commence when we have received your notice, not when it was posted to us.

Breaking a Fixed Term

Should you wish to leave during a fixed term lease, we require your notice in writing. We are unable to accept your intention verbally.

In the case of breaking a fixed term lease, the following costs will be incurred:

(a) Rent until a tenant approved by the Landlord takes possession, or the lease expires (whichever occurs first).

(b) Re-letting fees and advertising costs to relet the premises. This is payable pro-rata depending how much of the lease remains when a new Tenant is secured.

(c) Should the premises be vacant before a new Tenant is secured, it is also your responsibility to ensure the grounds are watered and maintained for this period.

The Final Inspection

Only once the property has been fully vacated, cleaned and grounds made ready with keys returned to the office along with the carpet cleaning receipt and flea treatment (if applicable), our office can commence our final inspection.

The final bond inspection will be carried out within 48 hours of returning your keys to the office.

Always compare the property to the ingoing Property Condition Report to make sure you are leaving the property in the same or better condition than when you moved in.  A copy of the report can be made available to you, may you need one.

Getting your bond back

When you enter into a tenancy, the owner will require you to pay a security bond before moving in.  When your tenancy comes to an end or is terminated, the owner or property manager will inspect the property to ensure it has been left in the same or better state and condition it was at the commencement of the lease.

Naturally, we must take reasonable wear and tear into consideration.

If, after a final bond inspection it is revealed, for example, that the Tenant has damaged a bench top or failed to properly clean the carpets, then the tenant may be given the opportunity to address this, however the owner is under no obligation to grant further access to the property.

Alternatively, the costs of fixing those things may be deducted from your bond. You will be advised accordingly.

For a smooth and quick release of the bond monies, we can assist in giving you some guidelines to follow to make sure everything runs on track and the move is not stressful.


The last thing you want to think about when you’re moving house is the cleaning. But if you want your bond back you’re going to have to exert some elbow grease – or save your time and energy and get someone else to do the end of lease cleaning for you.

You’ll forgo your bond unless you leave your rental property spick and span for the next tenant.

We will provide you a cleaning guide once you have provided notice to vacate or speak to us about recommended cleaners that can assist you in this daunting job.

Carpet cleaning & flea treatment

Upon vacating the property, it is a requirement that all carpets are professionally cleaned by a reputable carpet cleaning company. The original carpet cleaning receipt is to be provided when returning your keys.

If you have had pets at the property, you are required to have the property treated inside and out for fleas. A copy of this receipt is also required to be provided at the time of handing your keys in.

Should our office not receive the carpet cleaning and flea treatment receipts, we will arrange this prior to carrying out your final inspection. The cost for these will be deducted from your bond.

Outstanding Monies/Damages

If there is any rent or invoices outstanding when you hand in your keys, you are required to pay this in full.

Part C of the Residential Tenancies Agreement – Section 2.2.2 states that a tenant must not fail or refuse to pay any rent due under this lease with the intentions that the amount of the rent may be recovered by the lessor from the security bond. (This is an offence against Section 52 of the Act and is subject to a maximum penalty of $5000.00).


Should an eviction occur, your details will be lodged on the national tenancy database.

Forwarding address

You must provide us with a forwarding address at the end of your tenancy agreement (it is an offence under the Act not to provide one).


Please note that the below is a guide only to assist you with the vacate process

Inside the property

  1. Stove/oven (including behind and under), grill & drip-trays, all racks to be cleaned, including all tiles and grouting.
  2. Grates to solid fuel heaters to be cleared. Any gas heaters included air con filters to be cleaned and free from any dust/dirt.
  3. Exhaust fans and canopy range hood filters be removed and thoroughly cleaned, including light globes to range hoods.
  4. Venetians/verticals to be cleaned and dusted. Chains & weights to be in place.
  5. Windows/window sills to be cleaned thoroughly. Window tracks to be vacuumed, frames & fly screens dusted inside and out.
  6. All cupboards & doors inside/out to be left clean and all personal items to be removed.
  7. Marks to be removed from walls and doors, including frames/skirting’s and all walls to be washed including along top of door frames.
  8. All light fittings to be cleaned together with any smoke alarms and ceiling fixtures and all globes to be in working order.
  9. All hard floors to be washed including skirting’s and all grouting to be cleaned.
  10. Carpets to be professionally steamed cleaned to all rooms and the receipt to be handed into the office when keys are returned.
  11. Fly wire doors and screens to be cleaned and mesh is to be secure and free from damage.
  12. If you have a pet please ensure that all excrement is removed from the lawns and gardens, and have the property professionally treated internally & externally for fleas and the receipt to be handed into the office when the keys are returned.


Outside the property

  1. Lawns - freshly mowed and edged (best done a couple of days before the Tenant vacates).
  2. Gardens - remove any weeds, any rubbish and built up leaves etc.
  3. Rubbish - remove any rubbish that you have placed at the property. Be sure to check behind sheds, under shrubs and trees. This includes lawn clippings piled and compost left.
  4. Sweep paths and paving areas.
  5. Oil spillage removal – check and clean carport and garage floors, paths and driveway.
  6. If you have used a barbeque, check for any grease spots and spillages etc.
  7. Cigarette butts - if there are cigarette butts lying around - please pick up and remove.
  8. Garages and tool sheds - please remove any items from inside and behind garages and tool sheds that belong to you, including rubbish.


If you have a pet

  1. Pet droppings - please remove from gardens, lawns and any out of the way areas. Please dispose of in the bin – please do not bury them.
  2. Dog urine - remove/clean where your pet may habitually urinate (Base of walls, verandah posts etc.)
  3. Dog stains - to outside walls. Check where your dog regularly lies down, there might be ‘tell tale signs’ on walls etc.
  4. Dog/Cat claw damage - check screen doors, flyscreens and curtains. Please replace the screen wire if required.
  5. Dog chew damage - please ensure watering systems are free of dog chew damage and are repaired accordingly.
  6. Pet hair - please ensure any visible pet hair inside is removed.
  7. Fumigation - Please ensure this is arranged.


Trades Guide - Get Some Help to Get the Property Ready

Getting the property ready on time for inspection can be exhausting and sometimes employing some extra help is a smarter and better way to go.

The tiredness factor when moving out to another property and then having to return to the original rental property to clean and get the grounds and garden ready can be a real headache. That is why so many Tenants cut corners and not do a thorough job. This only then delays the bond refund process.

Therefore to get your bond back quickly here are some Tradespeople we trust, use and recommend on a regular basis. We use them also because of their reasonable rates.

Who we use and recommend:

Professional Cleaning - we use and recommend Wipo - 0415 125 643 or book online http://www.wipo.com.au

Window Cleaning - we use and recommend Wipo - 0415 125 643 or book online http://www.wipo.com.au

Carpet Cleaner - we use and recommend Elite Carpet Dry Cleaning – 131 580

Lawn Mowing / Gardening - we use and recommend Jims Mowing (Anthony) - 0439 032 992

Handyman – Any Job Andy: 0415 400 527 or Darren of Kings Prop Maintenance: 0405 152 412

Pest Control / Fumigator – Cottesloe Pest Control:  9384 7870